Monday 9 February 2015

Chalky Flower Meadow


Every now and then I think it's necessary to simply tune out for a bit. For me personally, I've found one of the best ways to relax and just push all the annoying stuff aside for a moment is drawing.

I especially enjoy drawing with pastel chalk. Even though I'm mainly using blending stumps or tortillons to smudge or blend different colours, I also like using my fingers sometimes and enjoy the feeling of the paper structure under my fingertips.
I use a set of Studio Quality Soft Pastels by Faber Castell that includes 36 different shades. I find the colours fairly intensive when applied which enables you to create expressive and really vibrant compositions.




My latest little creation featuring a sunrise, some poppies and a cherry tree!




10 comments:

  1. lovely and colourful drawing !! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really nice of you ☺
    I'll be sure to check out the blog right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look cool! i used to draw a lot, i should get back into it :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd totally recommend picking up drawing again! It can be nearly therapeutic sometimes :D

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena, i wish I could draw but unfortunately I am not blessed with that talent, you know that already. You are so talented! xxx

    Jo | Say Cheesy Cake
    Say Cheesy Cake on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again! You're always so lovely ♥

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I'm always curious about reading some of your personal thoughts ♥

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...