Tuesday 14 April 2015

Top 10 favourite Yogi Teas


As I'm slowly revealing all of my more or less secret passions, I'll let you in on another peculiarity of mine: not only am I obsessed with sweets and nail polish but I'm also a huge lover of tea.
I have already tried quite a lot of different tea brands from all over the world and if I were to pick a favourite one out of them all, it would have to be Yogi Tea.


Let's first talk about the amazing idea of putting a yoga pose on the side of every tea box. In my mind, there couldn't be any better recipe to help you relax and destress than the combination of a warming tea and yoga!
After getting the actual tea bag out of its envelope, you also get to read a lovely little philosophical quote/ piece of advice.
["Happiness is taking things as they are."// "To a friend you can lend the whole content of your heart." // "Empty yourself and let the universe fill you."]

Anyway, enough about the packaging and onto the actual tea itself.
Yogi Tea make a variety of different spice and herbal teas which are all based on authentic Ayurvedic recipes. By now, they have already brought out over 40 different kinds of tea! Out of all these blends I'd like to recommend my personal top 10 to you.
[Side note: Yogi Tea also does green and black teas but due to my hypersensitivity to caffeine -I literally will not get a wink of sleep if I have some-, I’ve only included caffeine-free teas]

I have to say that I was kind of sceptical towards the concept of a tea that is specifically meant to be for women. According to Yogi Tea it’s supposed to 'support the feminine side of creativity and inner balance'. Although I'm not quite sure whether it really does that for me, what I can say is that it's pleasantly light, comforting and just delicious tasting.

Prevailing flavours: ginger, cinnamon, orange, fennel, chamomile.


You can never go wrong with a simple, classic and yet still somewhat exciting Chai tea. Just add a little bit of sweetness and milk to it and you've got your perfect, homemade Chai Tea Latte!

Prevailing flavours: cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, black pepper.



This blend is actually quite similar to the ‘Classic’ Chai tea. It only has a slightly richer and smoother aroma, I'd say. Anyway, it definitely has a very calming and balancing effect!

Prevailing flavours: ginger, fennel, cinnamon, anise, coriander.



Don’t let the name of this tea fool you! It might be a little sweeter than a classic Chai tea but this blend can also be very spicy for sure! I, personally, would recommend adding a bit of milk (or any milk substitute of your choice) to slightly allay the spiciness. Unless, of course, you are someone who likes this extra spice and the uplifting kick it might give you!

Prevailing flavours: anise, fennel, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper.



In general, I don’t really like tea where the ginger gets too pungent and overwhelming. However, in this blend they've used just the right dose of it so that the tea is still invigorating and warming but also let's the fruity and sweet notes of the other ingredients shine through.

Prevailing flavours: ginger, liquorice, orange, vanilla.



In the beginning, I never would have thought I’d actually like this tea and only drank it as it was part of a Yogi Tea 'Christmas Collection' that included a variety of different blends.
The reason for this scepticism is that I’m an absolute sissy when it comes to spicy food and likewise I also hate it when my throat is on fire just from drinking tea.
Surprisingly, this blend is actually not too spicy at all (especially when enjoyed with milk), but rather pleasantly refreshing due to the mint notes in it.

Prevailing flavours: liquorice, cocoa, mint, fennel, anise, chili pepper.


Likewise, I was also sceptical about this blend at first due to the 'Chili' in its name. To be honest, I only gave it a try because my brother had bought a pack of it and it also had this enticing tag that said 'new' on it (pathetic, I know). What you actually get is a warming, intense and delicious tea which is certainly not too spicy. I generally just love the aroma cocoa shells add to a tea blend (which kind of already hints at my no.1).

Prevailing flavours: cocoa, cinnamon, ginger, chili pepper, cardamom, vanilla.



I tend to drink most of my teas before I go to bed anyway, so this is just perfect for me!
This tea manages to really calm me down and make me fully come to rest because of its soothing ingredients like chamomile.
Be careful not to fall asleep while still holding the tea mug in your hands!

Prevailing flavours: rooibos, chamomile, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves



Although I am truly not a fan of actual liquorice, I am definitely a big fan of this satisfying and calming tea!
I generally like my tea to be quite sweet, but you actually wouldn't even need to add any sugar to this because of the natural sweetness that the liquorice root adds to this blend. The taste is just so unique and nearly incomparable to any other tea I've tried before!

Prevailing flavours: liquorice, cinnamon, orange peel, ginger, vanilla.



Basically, this blend is very similar to the Classic Chai except they added a nice amount of cocoa shells to it. Anyway, that just makes this delicious and comforting tea so much more enjoyable for me.
Slightly sweetened and with a little bit of milk added, this even has the potential to replace a hot chocolate for me. As a self-proclaimed chocolate lover, this simply has to be my overall favourite!

Prevailing flavours: cocoa, liquorice, cinnamon,  ginger and cardamom.



Have you tried any of the Yogi Tea blends yet? Which is your favourite kind of tea or hot drink to enjoy?



38 comments:

  1. Hey babe, how are you?
    Great post though, i love it, thanks for sharing..
    Follow back if you don't mind.. :P

    Visit me whenever you have time;
    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Anyway have a good day!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, the "Women's tea" made my inner feminist cringe so bad. But then I thought "Mayb it has something benefitial for... those days of the month". Which, according to your decripition, this tea is not about at all. So still: Rage! xD
    I'm not a big fan of tea. I have a lot of teas here at home and I love it when I drink one, but for some reason the process of boiling up water and waiting for the tea to cool down is too much effort for me. I know, I know, I'm the laziest person ever, sorry. If I were to try any of the teas you recommended here, I'd either choose "Ginger Orange" (because I loooove ginger) or "Licorice" ('cuz it sounds like the most exciting one). Maybe I will go out and actually buy some. And boil up water. And wait for the hot tea to cool down. And drink it. Ugh, what a pain in the... xD
    Anways, I loved your post! Have you ever tried cold tea? Not iced tea, but tea that disolves in cold water. Not sure where I bought it, but I have watermelon tea that doesn't need hot water. It's pretty tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not sure about the whole 'Women's Tea' thing either :D
      When I was a little younger I also couldn't be bothered to make myself a nice cup of tea, but now I always seem to find something (at least semi-productive) to do whilst letting the tea steep. Finally owning a water boiler definitely makes things much easier as well ^_^
      I have actually tried a lot of different cold teas! I just love them in the summer time ☼ I've also tried a watermelon one as well as strawberry-orange, raspberry-lemon, apple, lime and probably many more ^.^''
      I'm glad you liked this post although you don't actually consider yourself a tea-lover! ☺

      Delete
  3. All the teas look so good! I lol'd at the women's tea though :P xx

    ☾ Liquorice Pearls ☾

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've only tried yogi tea once but oh my gosh, choco flavor?! yes! I'll have to try more of yogi tea.

    xx
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you should totally try the Choco Chai - it's seriously so yummy! ☺

      Delete
  5. I am addicted to green tea, so anything without caffeine just misses something in my book, But I love their Chai versions.

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like green tea so much, you'd probably enjoy their 'Sweet Lemon Mate' - it's supposed to be really good! ☺

      Delete
  6. Vielen lieben Dank! Ich liebe Tee und mag jetzt sofort #4 und #5 ausprobieren :) So ganz bewusst habe ich diese Teemarke nämlich bisher gar nicht wahrgenommen, das war ganz augenscheinlich wirklich ein Fehler. Und meine bisher fehlende Erfahrung mit diesem Tee werde ich jetzt umgehend nachholen!
    xx Rena
    International Giveaway: Zatchels Bag as Thank-You for the Supporter of my Hobby
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Das freut mich ja, dass ich Dich neugierig machen konnte! ^_^
      Ich kannte Yogi Tea zuerst auch nicht wirklich, weil viele Supermärkte die Marke früher noch gar nicht führten. Mittlerweile gibt es den Tee zum Glück fast überall. Manche Läden sortieren die Yogi Tea Sachen allerdings auch in ihre Bio-Abteilung - also nicht wundern, falls Du eventuell erst nicht fündig werden solltest ☺

      Delete
    2. Danke für den Tipp, jetzt weiß ich auf jeden Fall, wo ich suchen muss :) xx

      Delete
  7. I just starting drinking the Yogi detox tea...and I love it! Thanks for sharing these...I definitely want to try all of them! :)

    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the detox tea as well - it kind of gives you the feeling of doing something beneficial for your body without actually making a big effort ^.^ Although I like this one better when it's a little sweetened because of the slight bitterness of the dandelion ... so I guess that offsets the health benefits :D

      Delete
  8. Super cool! Have a nice day honey!!

    Check my last post HERE!

    Algo pasa con Mary | Please, join my International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried this brand before but I love teas, especially chai and green :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'd love these as well when you're a tea-lover! ☺

      Delete
  10. Amazing post !!

    So In love with your blog It's amazing !!

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds lovely. Would love it if you could check out my latest Alexander McQueen fashion post!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM, these teas look amazing, I want to try them all! I've been really loving comforting teas lately, especially ones without caffeine. Also, who knew sweet chai would be spicy?! You got me interested in the licorice tea because I also don't like actual licorice! But since you like it, I should definitely give it a try ❤
    munchies&musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy to hear that I got you interested in these! ☺
      I've actually just had a cup of the licorice tea and it definitely still deserves ranking at #2 ^.^

      Delete
  13. I quite like seeing different topics covered on blogs and it's so nice to see you sharing your favourite Yogi Teas - haven't tried them myself but will have a look! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you appreciate this kind of a post! ☺

      Delete
  14. I saw this tea brand in stores but never considered buying them,as I usually trust more in local brands. Now I might give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend this brand ☺ They're also strictly using ingredients from organic farming only!

      Delete
  15. Liebe Lena,

    ich liebe ja Tee, habe aber noch keinen davon ausprobiert. Muss schnell einkaufen gehen ;-)

    Liebe Grüße,

    DK
    www.dk-worldoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dann hoffe ich sehr, dass Du sie genauso gerne magst wie ich ! ☺

      Delete
  16. I've never actually heard of these yogi teas, but they sound like so much fun! Introducing a new yoga pose with every flavor - brilliant! Do they do a green tea? x Motte
    http://mottesblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, they do 4 different kinds of green tea! These also feature some nice ingredients like ginger, lemon grass, liquorice or elderflower ^_^

      Delete
  17. Wow, your blog is so pretty! I would try all these teas!
    xx Elisa
    www.francinesplacediy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh these sound amazing, I'm going to have to have to try and hunt them out! Such a fabulous idea having a yoga pose on the box - love it! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's such a fun and exceptional idea! ^_^

      Delete
  19. Love Chai tea :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Chai Tea is my fav ( but never try this brand) .

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I'm always curious about reading some of your personal thoughts ♥

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...