Friday 10 July 2015

The Tanya Burr Nail Polishes


For me, personally, YouTube has nearly completely replaced TV for quite a long time now. However, I like to think that it’s a rather recent phenomenon that some YouTubers’ popularities seem to have absolutely gone through the roof. Nowadays, especially some specific British YouTubers appear like real filmstars when you hear how whole crowds go crazy once they have spotted one of them somewhere (seriously though, the screaming can be quite mental).

It’s also kind of become a habit for Internet stars to bring out their own merch like books, clothing, posters or similar stuff. I certainly don’t mind that at all, but most of these things just don’t really manage to catch my interest … maybe with only one exception to the rule: cosmetics!


What intrigues me most about beauty products brought out by YouTubers is how good the actual quality of these items is. Hitherto, my assumption has been that most of the budget would be spent on cute packaging as well as clever marketing and less on decent ingredients, nice formulas et cetera. Nonetheless, I was definitely willing to adjust my opinion, in case a product that I’ve tested out myself could actually persuade me!

It’s usually quite hard to get hold of most of these beauty items here in Germany, but when I spotted something from the Tanya Burr cosmetics range in TK Maxx I just had to get it – especially because it’s a set of nail polish that I’m talking about (not that I actually own nearly every colour of the rainbow, anyway).



There were different sets to chose from, each with three out of the ten polishes in total that Tanya has brought out by now. I actually managed to find one that includes all three of my favourite colours from her range! I don’t know exactly how much they originally are in the UK, but I paid about 10€ for the set which seemed like quite a good deal to me.

The shades I got are called Penguin Chick, Peaches & Cream and Little Duck.
But now, let’s see how they actually look on the nails!



1. Penguin Chick
I find this a really nice take on a grey nail polish. The slightly brown undertones in it add kind of a warm effect to the whole shade. It is a rather subtle hue which makes it the perfect colour to wear every day!






2. Peaches & Cream
This is a nice and peachy nude shade. It actually looks a little lighter on the nails than it does in the bottle which I quite liked. I’d say it’s also a rather subtle hue and perfect to wear during the summer!





3. Little Duck
Another colour that is perfectly suitable for the summer time! If you compare it to Essie’s popular Mint Candy Apple, it is a much more vibrant and slightly more blue-toned mint shade. I love how bright this polish looks once you’ve applied it to your nails!


The formula of these three could definitely persuade me. I only used some drops of nail polish thinner on Peaches & Cream as it seemed a little bit gloopy, but in the end all of them turned out perfectly even and opaque in two coats!

Only the packaging was a little drawback for me. The bottles were partially difficult to unscrew and the square lid on Penguin Chick even came off so that you were only left with a small cap where the actual brush was attached to.
Other than that, I’m quite content with my purchase and also already thinking about trying out one of the lip glosses from her range!

What do you think of these three colours? Have you already tried anything from Tanya’s or another YouTuber’s beauty range?


52 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was really happy with my find, indeed ☺

      Delete
  2. I love little duck, it has to be my favourite =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is such a nice & summery colour! ☼☺

      Delete
  3. They are amazing. Would love it if you could also check out my latest hair post with a giveaway worth £200
    Kisses xo | GIVEAWAY 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to check out your blog as well!

      Delete
  4. I always love looking at new nail polish shades. The Penguin Chick is just my style and I may need to pick it up!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always super excited for new releases, too! Penguin Chick is probably even my favourite shade out of the three - it just goes perfectly with nearly every single outfit ☺

      Delete
  5. Love this shades! This nailpolish looks so perfect!
    Have a lovely day, dear!
    xx Elisa
    www.francinesplacediy.blogspot.com
    ------- DIY & LIFESTYLE BLOG -------

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, das ist ein Thema bei dem ich gar nicht gut mitreden kann, denn ich schaue mir nur äußerst selten Filme auf YouTube an. Allerdings finde ich es auch faszinierend, dass manche YouTuber tatsächlich direkt berühmt geworden sind! Und die Lacke von Tanya Burr finde ich von den Farben auf jeden Fall her total schön, gerade das grau finde ich extrem stylish. Danke fürs Testen!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich gucke tatsächlich auch fast ausschließlich die 'alten Hasen' auf YouTube und kenne die neueren eigentlich kaum. Von diesen Nagellacken war ich aber auf jeden Fall sehr angetan - der graue ist wahrscheinlich auch mein Liebling von den dreien! :)

      Delete
    2. Dann haben wir ja genau die gleiche Meinung :) Schöne Woche Dir noch! xx Rena

      Delete
  7. How good is YouTube at the moment?! I am so obsessed with it right now. So many amazing YouTube stars. I just adore these shades, especially the first one, Penguin Chick. I love how neutral it is.

    Lion in the Wild // www.lioninthewild.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally obsessed with YouTube as well at the moment! It's just amazing to see how professional they have all become by now ☺

      Delete
  8. oh ! they are pretty ! loving the grey one (penguin chic)
    :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penguin Chick is probably my favourite of these three as well! ☺

      Delete
  9. I definitely get what you mean about YouTube replacing TV for you - I'm the exact same! Also these shades look gorgeous on your nails, and I especially love the shade Little Duck.:)

    - www.veebzboo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's just so convenient to be able to watch whatever you want whenever you want ^_^

      Delete
  10. You know I don't use any make up other than nailpolish, so it was fun to read your review. I like the little duck one best :3 So far, the only YouTube related product I got was Girl Online from Zoe, but I didn't buy it. Yay for library membership cards, haha! I only read a third of it, but it was sooooo good. Seriously. Sadly I had to bring it back and wasn't able to finish it, but I'll make sure to get it again.
    Are those polishes sold in German shops now? I've never seen any YouTube related items in Germany. Maybe I'm blind x_x Hugs ♥

    letscoba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great library that also stocks books like these! I feel like my local one only has academic literature ^.^'' I'm actually really interested in reading 'girl online' as well, though! ☺
      I've only seen these polishes in TK Maxx so far which is probably because they often sell items imported from the UK there ^_^

      Delete
  11. I don't use nail polish often but Penguin chick looks awesome! I just LOVE the colour! <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    Moved to: http://www.heybash.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a really nice and subtle shade! ☺

      Delete
  12. I love the colors in this set! I still haven't tried her brand though, but hopefully soon! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look fab, I love the mint green colour.
    xxx
    Lyndsey
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The shade is so vibrant & fun ☺

      Delete
  14. I love all of the shades. I'm amazed by the big amount of lovely shades there are this season out there. I just can't pick a favorite from your post, but if I had to buy one right now it would be the first one.

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally feel the same way! I think I've never bought as many nail polishes as I did this season ^_^

      Delete
  15. So awesome! Hope you have a lovely day.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the colors. It's perfect on your nails too :)

    http://whalespa.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love Little Duck on you - so bright and perfect for summer. I also totally agree at how surprised I am by the quality of YouTuber collab products! Loved this post ❤
    munchies&musings

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I really love teh Penguin Chick colour, a very lovely taupe grey.
    Style Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  19. Penguin chic is my favourite :) I have just read your 'About me' info - I like it ;)

    I invite you to check out my blog http://www.travelekspert.com where I post my pics and videos and to follow me on BLOGLOVIN:

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/travelekspert-4731343

    All the best!!!

    www.travelekspert.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I'll be sure to check out your blog as well ☺

      Delete
  20. I had the same opinion on bloggers products. But this post changes it. And let's just dream a bit... I would really like to create some beauty products and pay attention to formulas and palettes. The shades are great! I love the dark gray one!

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! How amazing would it be if someone just showed up and gave you the possibility to create your beauty range?! ^_^

      Delete
  21. Beautiful post dear! Hope you have an awesome day.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!

    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your blog :) Happy Monday!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. They all look very nice, I like pastel colors as a nail polish, especially in the summer.
    Have a great day!
    Dusana :-)

    www.letnedni.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, all of these colours are so pretty. <3 /Madison
    Foodie Tales & Maca

    ReplyDelete
  25. Penguin Chick is my favourite! There is something amazing about grey-brown nail polishes! Gorgeous! Honestly, I agree with you! Youtube definitely killed the TV Star! Haha

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  26. Penguin Chick looks gorgeous! I recently watched Tanya's video on her product line and what mainly caught my eyes were her polish line. I do have to say, the packaging seemed very tacky and middle school to me but it may just be because her audience is a younger demographic. Either way, loved this review and need to get my hands on these!

    xoxo much love
    http://fashionflurry4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Peaches & Cream is my favourite from Tanya's range. Such a gorgeous shade! And she comes up with the cutest product names :)

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice Packers And Movers Bangalore Local post, we loved each and every thing according to published in your post. Thank you because of this informative article since it's really assistance, I like site. Wonderful!
    Thank you for sharing an informative information@@@@@@@@
    Packers and Movers Bangalore
    https://professionalmovers.in/packers-and-movers-bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I'm always curious about reading some of your personal thoughts ♥

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...